- Are emotions interfering with school, relationships, or social activities?
- Has your child expressed feelings of sadness, emptiness or hopelessness?
- Is your teen shut down and tuned out more often than not?
- Do you or your child feel moody and irritable more often than not?
What is Depression?
All of us have good days and bad days. However, when feelings of sadness and loss don’t seem to go away, it may be more than just a bout of the blues. Depression is a mood disorder that causes a persistent feeling of sadness, hopelessness and emptiness. It can affect how we think, feel and behave and can lead to a variety of emotional and physical problems. Reaching out for support is the first, and sometimes the most difficult step, to treat depression. While children and teens can sometimes be reluctant to participate in therapy, our Wellspring therapists are trained to effectively connect, engage and motivate individual clients and support them on their path towards emotional health and well-being.
Wellspring therapists are dedicated and experienced professionals who are trained to work with you and/or your child to set up personalized treatment goals and monitor progress. All of our therapists specialize in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. This is an evidenced based model, proven to be effective with mild to moderate mood disorders such as depression. Our approach to therapy is strengths based and utilizes the entire family system in the treatment. Our therapists ensure that family work and parental support is balanced with the privacy and confidentiality, so that everyone feels safe and supported throughout the process.
If you, your child or teenager is struggling, Wellspring therapists are here to help. Please do not hesitate to reach out, so your whole family can get the support you may need.
Depression Issues We Treat:
- Major depressive disorder
- Persistent depressive disorder
- Disruptive mood dysregulation disorder
- Premenstrual dysphoric disorder
- Cyclothymic Disorder